Friday, February 26, 2010

David arrives today!

I'm super excited- David is visiting me here in the DR and arrives today!!! We are spending the weekend up in the northern part of the the DR in Cabarate for an adventure. The first adventure starts tonight- we are driving (!!) at night (!!!!!) up to the North tonight. Keep your fingers crossed for an uneventful trip up north!

Driving is pretty insane here, especially in the city. There really are no road rules here. People drive down one way streets the wrong way, there are huge potholes that will total your car, scooters weave in and out of traffic and on the sidewalk, cars honk to let you know they are passing you/going through an intersection/saying hello/mad at you/think you are pretty. Also, even "highways" here have the occasional obstacle of someone selling something between lanes, animals crossing the road, etc. Today will be my first time driving in the DR. I hope it goes well!

As for our trip.... check out the itinerary so far!
Saturday- repelling off the 27 charcos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGGt92vPGUI

Sunday- Master of Ocean competition and then surf lessons for us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlWRnGjo0Wk&feature=fvsr

Monday- scuba, surfing, and some R&R!

I can't wait to post pics to share next week! :)

Also, I GO HOME NEXT WEEK!!! As much fun as I am having here in the DR, I am excited to return home to family and friends... even if there is plenty of snow waiting for me. I'm also excited to start the next exciting part of 2010- match day (!!), figuring out where we will be living after match day, two weddings for friends, OUR wedding, gosh I just can't wait for it all! But first, picking David up from the airport with a HUGE smile! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to hear that you've got some down time. I've been reading your blog and, I'll be honest, it scared me sometime...especially the flies. I hope you and David have a nice break.