Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spanish homework!

Sorry for the lack of recent posts! I went on an adventure Friday afternoon through Sunday night and then didn’t have access to the internet. Also, I got assigned homework in Spanish! I foolishly mentioned the ACOG practice guidelines which are reviews that OBGYNs use to get updated on the most recent relevant findings on a particular condition to my team. They showed me one that was from a few years ago about polycystic ovarian syndrome. Foolishly, I offered to translate it for them. I say foolishly because I didn’t realize that it was 10 pages long- which is pretty awful for a scientific article! Anyway, I spent the next two days working on it with the help of google translate. I learned tons of new vocabulary in Spanish but at the end of it, I’m just so proud that I could take pretty darn dense text in English and translate it to Spanish. Clearly, I won’t post the article here because that would ruin any chances of having any continued readers to my blog. :)

To make up for it, here are a whole bunch of posts to make up for my absence!

No comments: