Thursday, April 26, 2007

I am the luckiest!


Yesterday was my birthday and it was one of my best ones ever! Horray 23! Early in the morning I woke up to walk Olive who was very well behaved and excited. Before class, David took me to Starbucks so that I could treat myself to my favorite coffee and a scone. Class went well... my small group embarrassed me by singing happy birthday when I came in! I spent the next 6 hours or so doing good quality work. I know it sounds silly that I would like to do that for my birthday, but with all the taking care of Olive, I just wanted an afternoon to myself so that I could start reviewing for exams. David went home and took care of our adorable Olive and kept sending me messages about the cute things they were doing at home together. I was jealous and missed her already!

When I came back home, I played a bit with Olive and took her on a nice walk. That girl gets so much attention! I started taking side streets because so many people want to stop and meet her. :) David told me that he was going to take me out to dinner but that we were going to get a few drinks first. On our way to the restaurant near Legacy Village, he asked me which place I wanted to stop at for a drink, even gave me choices, and we ended up at a surprise birthday dinner with all of my closest friends from medical school waiting for me there! I was so overwhelmed I didn't know what to do! I love talking to all the people that were there and now I was at a huge table surrounded by all of them! It was so overwhelming!

Because I was still so dumbfounded by the moment, David got up and gave a speech to thank everyone for coming. Apparently many people had to rearrange their clinical schedules to make it there. THANK YOU! It meant so much. David's speech was amazing, and I was so proud to look up at him talking. :) So many people were there and it meant so much to meant. So thank you to everyone who made my birthday just so special. I'm the luckiest!!

No comments: