Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter weekend

Handsome man-some :)

Starting the weekend right with my cousin Rysio:
My charming uncle, caught in the act of being a bit of a nerd. :)
The most beautiful ladies in the world.


I was really lucky and got to come back to Chicago for the weekend! I was even luckier that my family from Canada (minus my favorite Londonian) and my family from Hoffman Estates came to visit, too. :) It was so nice to see a more normal pace of life. I didn't do any work, caught up on sleep, had fun discussions, ate great food (slowly!), and took naps. Life was great. I will post pictures once I get back home today from a long day of catching up on work. I was especially impressed that Rysio spent so much time with us, considering that he had an insane number of finals that start on Tuesday. Thanks Rysio and best of luck!

I know that I should focus on the positive: I got to come home! It's still really hard, however, to come back to Cleveland and have a ton of work waiting for me as well as a ton of slow (in April! 18 inches!). I'm lucky that I was able to come home this weekend and that I got to spend so much time with my family, but it only makes it that much more difficult to get back to work on Monday morning. Oh well.... luckily the library is always 70F and sunny. :)

This week is going to be busy for me. Besides catching up from this weekend, I will be away on Thursday and Friday for all day conferences at the Cleveland Clinic. Hopefully when I'm there I can focus on what a great opportunity the conference is for me to learn more about asthma and other chronic pulmonary diseases. And pulmonary is part of this block, right? So it won't all be extracurricular. :) I'm very eager to see how much of the talks I can follow bc pulmonary is a tough subject. I'm even more eager for my pulmonary, renal, cardio, and pharm block to be over... because then it will be summer!

Stay tuned for pics later on tonight or this week. And a special hello to Jacek, Gigi, Gabe, and Peter who I saw this weekend and said they read my blog! Horray! :)