Saturday, January 13, 2007

Trip to Poland



I really really should get better at blogging more often. It's just hard to sit down and write when there are so many other things going on. That said, blogging more regularly is a new year's resolution for 2007. :)


Things with me are fantastic! I just finished my first week back from winter break. The first week back is always a little overwhelming, but especially so when you return jet-lagged and to biochemistry in full swing. I'll get through it, because it's not like I have a choice!

Break was really fantastic. I'm really glad that I got the opportunity to return to Poland at an older age because I could really appreciate things more than when I was younger. Poland has changed so much (for the better) since I last was there; it's really impressive! It's a very cool place now! It was a little challenging for me, however, to get used to seeing so many relatives that I don't see on a regular basis. All of the "advice" and "scoldings" that I got while I was there got on my nerves but there isn't much that you can say or should say back to an elder who just wishes you well, regardless of how unwanted the advice is. I can't tell you how many times I had to explain why or how I was vegetarian and how many "but you look so pale!" comments I got. It was hard for me to bite my lip and not say anything, given how independent and outspoken I am but I made it through the 2 weeks (horray!).



It was really fun to see my family, especially my cousins. It's nice to know that we can all get along and how much we have in common as we get older. And it's always nice to get to an age where we can make fun of our mutual relatives together. :)


It's good to be back in Cleveland, on my own terms, despite all the work that was waiting for me when I got back. :)

No comments: