Sunday, June 13, 2010

Catching up

So much has happened since I returned from the Dominican Republic. I eased back into a surreal world of urgent care clinic in a wealthy suburb back in the US (OMG who has disposable speculums with LED lights?!) and anxiously counted the days down to match day. On match day, the unbelievable happened- we matched at our first choice program! And after that, everything just speed up into a quick blur. Visits to our new city to check out housing in our new city, final wedding plans, selling our home, packing, selling things, enjoying our friends in Cleveland until we left...... and then in one quick week the wedding, graduation, packing up our home into a Penske truck, closing of our house, moving to St Louis, and leaving for our honeymoon. PHEW!

I'm happy to report that we have been in our new city for more than a week now with much less exciting things to do. We have been slowly unpacking, catching up with old friends and family, meeting new friends, figuring out our new places for takeout, stocking up the pantry, all smiley normal life things as we get settled into our new home.

Also, I changed my last name so I guess despite my blog name and enthusiasm four years ago, I never quite made it to Grob MD. :) I'm keeping the blog name because it still makes me smile. Even thought I have made the switch to the Dr prefix, it hardly feels like I deserve it yet. The road to becoming a physician is long and filled with lifelong learning. So even though I'm technically already Dr. G, I've still got much more to go before I feel like I'm done with my training. So I'm going to keep trying to blog whenever I have time and something I want to share. And I'm going to try to keep up that enthusiasm that I had about medicine and my profession that I had when I first started the blog and learning medicine.

No comments: