Friday, March 05, 2010

USA! USA! USA!

I feel like I’m making up for missing the Olympics this year with my huge enthusiasm to return home! USA! USA! USA! :) I couldn’t be more excited to go back!

I am a bit surprised by the things I have missed the most from home during my time aboard. Of course, I missed David, my parents, and friends and family. I also really missed my awesome pug Olive and all her snoring and excitement. I want a huge plate of stir-fry from Stir Crazy (particularly odd considering I don’t really eat there often and haven’t in a few years). I missed running by myself with my ipod and not worrying about safety. I missed my awesome gym back in Cleveland. I missed having hot water to bathe in. I miss hot chocolate warming me up on a cold day.

Some things will be harder to say goodbye than others in the DR. I’m going to miss meeting new people every day. I’m going to miss speaking Spanish all the time. I’m going to miss the super salty and super sweet food. I’m going to crave rice and beans… and yucca, oh yucca! I’m going to miss how inexpensive life is here. I’m going to miss the amazing thick Dominican coffee. I’m going to miss my new friends. I’m going to miss the sunshine and warm weather. I’m going to miss my siestas. I’m going to miss the music and livelihood of everyday Dominican life.

It’s been a fantastic month but I’m ready for next adventures coming up in the next few months-finding out where we match, planning my life for the next 5 years after we find out where we match, finishing training for my marathon as best as I can (still not sure if I will make it!), wedding planning, lots of traveling for wedding stuff, getting married, graduation, honeymoon, and starting residency this summer.

No comments: