Sunday, March 04, 2007

Mom & Dad visit!

:) :) :)

Today was a wonderful day! My parents drove from Chicago today so that they could visit. And they brought so many goodies! Polish deli meats, 10 packages of pirogies, a new blender, and a new bed! Horray! I was so happy to see them! I feel very lucky to have such supportive and caring parents. Really, they couldn't get any better.

After unpacking a bit, David came over and helped put together my new bed. I was very proud of how well everyone got along. I have to admit that it's always a little nerve-wracking at first! Luckily, things turned out amazingly well. I took my parents to their hotel to check in and then Mom & I went on a frantic bathing suit shopping extravaganza. At least 13 suits later, we found two perfect ones. Horray- new suits for my cruise next week! Leave it to my mamacita to always pull through during a stressful time.

After shopping, we met up with my Dad and David. We went to dinner at Blue Point Grille downtown. It was unbelievable. I couldn't have picked a better restaurant for us! Dad loved the seafood and Mom loved the mini tour of downtown Cleveland. We drank champagne, enjoyed unbelievable seafood, and the waiter even brought over a surprise treat to wish my parents a happy 25th anniversary. It was a flawless night and I couldn't have been more pleased.

It took a few years but I really feel like I'm starting to come to my own. I looked at my parents as they chatted with David and was so PROUD of them. I was so proud that they were MY parents. I felt so LUCKY to say, "Them! These are my parents! Aren't they perfect?!" After all the years of battling (especially with my dad), I finally felt at peace. I didn't feel like I had anything to prove, I relaxed and had one of the best times with my family that I've ever had. I'm the luckiest... :) :)

Pics of the happy couple to come!

No comments: