Monday, October 23, 2006

Exam coming up!

It's week 10 of our second block and an exam coming up in two weeks! Eek! This week is our last week of classes; next week we have clinical immersion exercises at the hospital. Although this week SHOULD give me extra time to study because I won't have classes to keep up with, I know that I will probably come back from my rotations pretty tired and overwhelmed. So basically these next two weeks are going to be a bit of a bear!

Despite how tired/crabby I might get during cram time, I want to take the time to be amazed at how much information I've learned so far, without really having to try too hard. I knew that I would learn a lot in medical school but seeing it first-hand is very impressive. Gosh it's all a bit amazing. The interactive discussions we have instead of many lectures allowed me to learn things without ever having to "memorize" information. I'm really grateful to be at a place like Case where there are numerous different learning opportunities to ingrain information.

That said, learning medicine is a bit of a firehose effect: the amount of information thrown at us each day is like water coming through a thick firehose; on most days I try and get as much in as possible but there is always ALWAYS so much more that I can known and understand. On that note, back to studying!

No comments: